Thursday, November 19, 2015

Review: Time Mends

Time Mends Time Mends by Tammy Blackwell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Is it possible to love and hate a series at the same time? If so, that’s the case for this one. While this book grabbed me just as much as the first one, it had a decidedly depressing undertone. I finished the book pretty miserable and a little angry at the cliffhanger. Would I recommend this series? Probably, but I’ll have to hold my judgment until the end of book 3.

This book picks up after the horribly shocking events of the last one. We are left either believing Scout that Alex is still alive somewhere, or believing that she’s going crazy and imagining Alex still being present (at least in her dreams). This situation reminded me *a lot* of the Twilight series and put a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth. That’s probably where the similarities end, so it was a somewhat forgivable offense. So, we join Scout as she is still struggling to repair her body from the attack she suffered. Everyone is pissed/depressed/generally angry at one another which leads to a super awkward set of friends. That’s fine until the “incident” that I’ll try not to spoil. Sudden changes force them all to learn a new way of working with one another. Oh, and the Russian evil dude shows up again.

There was a lot of buildup in this book that I can only hope will be paid off in the last installment. I really hope the series manages to redeem itself for so thoroughly depressing me in this book. Maybe people are into that? I’m not one of those people though. I still enjoyed spending time with this mix of characters and was eager to see if Alex was real, but it made for a very draining read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment