Thursday, March 12, 2015

Review: Moon Dragon


Moon Dragon
Moon Dragon by J.R. Rain

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



OK, this book kind of threw me for a loop. The title pointed me towards the belief that there might be dragons in here (which I could be OK with). I won't spoil you, but rather than the literal dragon taking up a large part of the story, there's an even more shocking one.

This story is a bit of a balance between Samantha struggling with her single mother life (with the wonderful addition of some bling that helps her out) and a personal case. When her ex-husband's mistress shows up on her door, Sam is a much better person than I would be. She hears her out and ends up with a case that seems to be pointing to a werewolf serial killer. This case pushes Sam towards Kingsley (one of my reluctant favorites) and the ever-present Librarian.

There are some shocking revelations and some notable historical figures, but the heart of these characters is what keeps me coming back. Sam is one tough mother and she is finding her own way to use her "evil powers" for good. This series is so quick to read that I can't seem to put these books down.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment