Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Review: Vampires in America: The Vignettes - Volume 1


Vampires in America: The Vignettes - Volume 1
Vampires in America: The Vignettes - Volume 1 by D.B. Reynolds

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was a very very smutty addition to the Vampires in America series which consists of 9 short stories set in that world. While not all of them take place after Duncan’s book, the last few do, so make sure you don’t spoil yourself!

I think these short stories are better read individually than in quick progression, like I did. There is probably a 75/25 smut to story in them, so it might be a little repetitive. Rather than review all the stories individually, I’ll just summarize throw some general comments at you. First, Emma and Duncan are still the best couple in this series. Love, love, love! I wish there was more Emma/Duncan and less Raphael/Cyn, but I understand that they are the center of the universe as far as these books go. It was nice to be reminded of the softer side of the vampire lords, when they’re not constantly under attack.

The last story was the least smutty and the most story-y. It was probably the one I was hoping for the most. Sadly, again, not enough Emma, but the story follows the three girls as they hang out and run into trouble (as they often do). It reinforced Cyn’s tough chick persona and made me wish for a true girl’s night out short story. The characters are all fun and witty, which makes for some good reading. If you want a quick read that is filled with smut and little bonus goodies, check this book out (especially since it’s only 99 cents, or free to borrow via prime!).




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment