Monday, September 16, 2013

Review: Spell of the Highlander


Spell of the Highlander
Spell of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was yet another yummy highlander book in this series. I don't think this one was really better than the last one, but since it was leading up to the Fever series, I was looking around for clues constantly.

In this story we follow Jessica, the overworked archaeology student (who is also a virgin, of course). During a rather stressful night, she ends up stumbling in to the world of Druids and Unseelie hollows. In this Unseelie hollow? A really hot and sexy Highlander (of course). I wasn't in love with Cian the way I was with the other Highlander characters. He just came off as a big jerk for about half the book. I was having trouble getting myself to read it (which is a big deal for me).

Something happens at the 50% mark. All of the sudden, Cian is a romantic, adorable, alpha male, and he really endeared himself to me. His declaration in the supermarket might have been the tipping point. I also really enjoyed watching Dageus and Cian bicker. That alone made reading this book worth it.

The end of this book contains a lot of vague foreshadowing for the Fever series, but not enough to really be spoilers (I think). I like seeing all these "insider" looks at the fairy world along with the Highlanders. I wish there was more Christian, though.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment