Sunday, June 30, 2013

CharmedCharmed by Erica Ridley
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this exchange for an honest review.

This book was a really silly, funny, sarcastic read. There was a lot of good dialog that had me totally sold on the "realistic" nature of this very decidedly unrealistic book. Trevor's reactions and motivations are totally believable, when confronted with a fairy in his tent...

The story was a light-hearted one that revolves around (of course) finding True Love when fairies are involved. There are naturally obstacles between the fairy and the human that keep them from simply running into each other's arms. These obstacles, rather than popping up and being dealt with, really make the book stall in places.

I'm not the type of person to typically take breaks when reading a book (I usually power through to the finish no matter what), but I stopped this book at about 50% to hop to something different. I restarted today and found myself once again checking the clock as I read. It probably has something to do with the fact that just about everything happens in a sort of "real time." We see all the events, hear all the thoughts and feelings, watch the misunderstandings with a cringe, and finally watch them try to muddle through. I guess maybe I'm spoiled in usually getting some summary passages in other books that move the plot along a little quicker.

That being said, this book was still filled with lots of fun, romance, and (yay) smut.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment