Sunday, December 11, 2022

Witcha Gonna Do?

Witcha Gonna Do?Witcha Gonna Do? by Avery Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For the start of a series, this book definitely reads like a story set in a fully established world. I was surprised to find that we are only at the beginning and excited to watch the books further evolve all these interesting characters!

Tilda is the “dud” of the family. Her family also happens to be the tippy top of the witch hierarchy, so it’s especially embarrassing. The add to her already heaping plate, she somehow keeps getting matched with Gil, an infuriating witchy sort with his own hidden baggage. These two dance around the issue until an absolutely shocking turn of events - Tilda unknowingly triggers something that only witches and one particularly rare book can undo. Enter Gil, to save the day (sort of)!

Tilda is definitely not the damsel in distress type, and has surrounded herself with the folks in town that also don’t fit their expectations. It’s this crew that rallies around her to really save the day. This story ends up resolving itself in a HEA, but I have so many questions about the other characters! I guess that ended up getting me hooked and I’m eager to learn more about this universe!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment