Sunday, October 10, 2021

Dark Needs at Night's Edge

Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4)Dark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I feel like this book was one step forward and one step back. While I enjoyed Neomi because she was very much her own person, but Conrad pushed us back into the questionable consent territory yet again.

Conrad is the crazy vampire brother of the others we have already met. I may have read these way out of order, because I read the short story and know what's going on behind the scenes here. I knew that we would end up with a happy ending, but didn't quite know how we would get there. Did I mention I really liked Neomi? She is by far the best so far of these girls, I think. She is also unique and I genuinely couldn't figure out how we would get to her being a non-ghost who could mate with Conrad.

So, how did we end up here? Conrad is crazy, and while it seems like he gets better throughout the book, he definitely still ends up with some crazy left in him. The whole "he has a secret in the memories of his victims" never really comes back up after some drama involving some demons. Neomi takes care of him through all of his recovery, which is also probably better than he deserves, but she doesn't take any of his crap. These two balance each other, until they end up pushing it a bit too much for my liking.

In here we see a bunch of familiar faces, too, coming in to varying degrees. Neomi gets her own girl posse and ends up saving herself in the end. While I disagree with them in general as a couple (she could do much better), it was definitely unique and kept me hooked.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment