Sunday, October 24, 2021

Dark Desires After Dusk

Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #5)Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this one more than I expected to. Having met Cadeon in previous books, I wasn't really excited for him to make his match here, but Holly is GREAT!

The very two dimensional view of Holly from Cadeon's previous encounters was that she is a nerd who has OCD. I was pleasantly surprised to find a woman who can stand on her own and even behead people when necessary. Holly and Cadeon are definitely not a traditional couple, but when this book quickly resolves any barriers to them being mated (and then re-introduces some), I was all in. So, the big story here is a road trip to find a magical sword that can ultimately get Cadeon's brother back on the throne. A really long time coming, but I was immediately thinking - why don't they just go back to plan A - ask the guy who has the memories of some dude that knew how to kill their arch-nemesis? I get that Cadeon still believes he murdered his mate, but it seems a lot easier than this "give your own mate away after a long road trip" path. Meh.

Either way, we end up on this road trip filled with a lot of them working out how they can get to the end goal. Are there deceptions? You betcha! Also, martyrdom, miscommunications, and outright lies. All that you can come to expect from this series is all rolled in with a lovely heroine and her mate. This book was definitely one of the better so far, convincing me to buy the rest of the series and cue it all up.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment