Sunday, February 14, 2021

Unbinding

Unbinding (World of the Lupi, #11)Unbinding by Eileen Wilks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alright, so I admit that I do not at all remember originally meeting Kai and Nathan, but I really enjoyed this story as a different aspect of the Lupi world.

Of course, banishing their enemy from the previous book didn't go down as neatly or as cleanly as they all would have liked. Kai has been working with the victims of the mind attacks and generally living with the wolves. Nathan appears to be enjoying challenging himself with Benedict, which makes everyone involved pretty happy (because they're wolves/hellhounds). The big bad resurfaces, however, and has unknown allies that end up causing, you guessed it, chaos. While Lily and Rule are notably absent from this book, I found it to be OK.

We get a bit of a road trip book here, complete with separation between even the mates. They are forced to show who they are alone and how much they are willing to risk and/or show their true powers. Kai was a surprising superstar here, and I am really glad I pushed through this relative unknown to really enjoy her character. For being paired up with an unstoppable, nearly unkillable hellhound, she ends up being the stronger and smarter of the two. Now I'm even more curious about where this book is headed, since we gathered a lot more magical theory in this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment