Monday, February 22, 2021

The Christmas Pact

The Christmas PactThe Christmas Pact by Vi Keeland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked this audiobook up as part of the plus catalogue a while ago and finally had an excuse to start it. I figured it would be a light, silly romance with not much to it. This delivers on being... interesting? But I found the main male love interest to be a jerk at the start and he never recovered in my eyes.

Riley works in a publishing office and has a coworker in a different office with a similar name. She is Riley Kennedy and he is Kennedy Riley. Cute, right? Except he keeps reading emails of hers that get inadvertently sent to him, including his 2 cents, even when it is clearly person. Jerk. They end up meeting at the company mixer and he somehow worms his way into her trip home, offering to "solve her problems" by pretending to be her boyfriend.

I'm a girl who enjoys a good fated mate paranormal romance, so I'm used to skipping the formalities, but the leap here from jerk to "somehow offering to pretend to be dating me" was just too jarring. I never recovered. Is there a reason he's a jerk? Sure. Did I forgive him? No. The story takes you on a journey, but it ultimately left me feeling sorry for Riley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment