Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Review: The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire

The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire by Molly Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As is my tradition, I have been reading all the books between the main books, and it is kind of critical that you read Gigi and Nik's intro before diving in here. We got to watch Gigi transition from a kid to an adult, and you need that in order to get on board with all the sexy times here. I don't know how you could make the leap without the ick factor otherwise.

So, as I was saying, we already knew that Gigi had some mystery man kissing her during the Christmas holiday, and that she was making some big life changes at the same time. She ended up taking the job working for the council, no matter how many complaints or arguments came along with it. Oh, and she's also working for her arch-nemesis. Downsides. I'm still not 100% on board with adult Gigi's life plan here, but I'm all for her standing up to the "adults" around her and making her own decisions. That includes getting involved with a vampire who doesn't remember meeting her.

Nik is having some trouble. There are large blind spots in his memory that he can't explain and while forgetful Nik and evil Nik seem to having liking Gigi in common, that's kind of where it ends. When Nik is all zombied out, he seems to want her dead. Couple that with navigating a vampire workplace and geeky coworkers, and Gigi gets a huge dose of adulthood all jammed in one summer. This book, again, gives us most of our favorite characters in one form of another, but is still definitely a Gigi book. I'm happy where we ended, even if the mystery was a little less tricky this time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment