Monday, July 8, 2019

Review: Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors

Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was everything I wanted from a last in the series. It gave me massive amounts of closure without making me weepy. I’m happy leaving Jane where she is, and where she can be happy.

So, as guessed, this book involves a neighborhood person getting bitten. Unfortunately for Jane, it’s her doing the biting, or turning as the case may be. While doing her best to stay under the Council’s radar, she somehow gets in the position where she either needs to turn her neighborhood babysitting charge, or watch him bleed out right in front of her store. When he asks her to, the choice is made, and she becomes a sire. A teenage boy, however, is not the easiest to control or turn into a respectable vampire.

Along with her newfound “mom” status, she’s also planning a wedding. Oh, and I forgot to mention last time that she made up with her sister. With most of her family mostly talking to her, this wedding planning gets a bit more crowded than it would have been in, say, book 1. Surrounded by her amazing friends and quirky family, Jane is, once again, inundated with death threats. Things are flying through the air, there’s poison involved, and even the council can’t control the situation. Sometimes you gotta go back to basics and just wing it (as Jane usually does).

There were some really great moments in this book that delivered all the highs and lows I needed to say a fond farewell to Jane and her friends. I’m hoping spin-offs will keep me full of small updates, but overall I’m supremely happy with the journey this set of books took me on. I can’t believe I waited so long to check these books out and look forward to reading everything I can get my hands on by this author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment