Thursday, July 25, 2019

Review: The Librarian's Vampire Assistant

The Librarian's Vampire Assistant The Librarian's Vampire Assistant by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love this author and I love vampires. Those two things led me to this book. Maybe I should have read the details closer? Maybe I should have ignored my love of libraries and paid more attention? Either way, this book was not what I expected.

Michael is a vampire on the hunt for information about his maker’s killer. In the non-vampire friendly state of Arizona, he somehow gets wrangled into a job interview as a librarian’s assistant (it’s hard to explain). Once there, he ends up even further drawn into this quirky librarian’s world, saving her life and binding himself to her. The librarian, who I really cannot recall the name of, doesn’t have any interest in Michael, and it drives him crazy. Honestly, though, Michael’s friend Lula was so much more likable than him.

The larger story is about some nefarious plot by the local vampires to do horrible, apocalyptic (and evil) things to the rich folks in town. And there’s drug dealers. And mysteries. All of that rolled together in a book that didn’t really have the quirky humor I was looking for in a book from this author. I probably will not continue in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment