Monday, April 15, 2019

Review: Shadowed

Shadowed Shadowed by Rebecca Zanetti
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been hoping for Jase’s story for a while now and was happy when it finally arrived. Sure, we all knew he was pretty broken after his captivity and torture, but it was truly frustrating how broken he believed he was.

This book might have been the first one where we already knew both characters. Jase was the sunny, friendly jokester of the family who was protected…until he wasn’t. Brenna is the youngest of the witch family that we’ve encountered before in the series. She’s serving as part of the coven nine, but is still recovering (or dying from) her time being kidnapped. Notice the similarities here? Well add in a layer of dirty, dark attraction (morphed from the younger crushes) and we’ve got a recipe for a good installment of this series.

So what made Jase even consider mating? Well, for one, it was Brenna, and he found out she was dying and could possibly be saved by a mating. Even though he plays all dark and damaged, his soul is still good, and he couldn’t let the sexy witch die on his watch. Brenna, who has been hiding a whole mess of drama in her life, only added dying to the list of crap she’s got on her plate. Of course, mating a guy she’s been half in love with all her life doesn’t really hurt. These two played the typical game involving sacrifice, miscommunication, and peril, but we get there in the end. Part of me wants to continue on and re-read the next few books I’ve already been through, but I think I need a break from the drama here. I’ll probably swing back around to satisfy my mind.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment