Saturday, April 6, 2019

Review: Hour of Darkness

Hour of Darkness Hour of Darkness by Lara Adrian
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm not sure if these books are something I'll continue with, but the world is familiar and they are easy to read, so I bought this on on audible to listen to while I walk.

We met Cain in the previous installment. He made some questionable decisions but ultimately redeemed himself. Now he's on the road, trying to run from his past. A stay at a swanky hotel, however, ends up putting him right in the middle of trouble. His gift of seeing briefly into the future helps him save the niece of a Russian mobster (essentially). Marina, who believes she is just out for a pleasant swim, ends up being saved from a bullet by Cain. From there, things just continue to spiral out of control.

Cain, luckily, has a safe place nearby which puts him back with his estranged "family." Cain and Marina really seemed like an unlikely pair, but they grew on me as the story continued. Poor Marina ends up pretty wounded in her own family life, so this new extended family helps offer some consolation. Overall, if you want an easy vampire read with a bit of an edge to it, these books are definitely for you. They can probably be read even if you are unfamiliar with the larger world these stories take place in.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment