Saturday, April 6, 2019

Review: A Phoenix Is Forever

A Phoenix Is Forever A Phoenix Is Forever by Ashlyn Chase
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh no - is this the last book of this series?! I'm sad if it is, because I loved these (mostly) firefighter, shapeshifter, family-oriented guys!

This story deals with the last of the single Fierro's - Luca. Being the youngest, and the only one who was interested in becoming something other than a firefighter (for a girl?!), he was sure to be the last to pair off. He may have been dating a horrible woman in secret, but that has recently ended, and his cop career has just started. After a rough shift, he runs into Dawn, who just so happens to be a bit of a paranormal as well. These two have an odd meeting that rapidly grows into something more.

Of course, all the characters were lovely. I especially enjoyed Dawn and her grandmother. This let us see more of Gabriella, which is always fun! Nothing is truly straightforward in this universe, so we get a good kidnapping, mystery, and HEA all rolled into this paranormal package. I'm happy to see that the entire family (extended and otherwise) gets a real nice wrap-up at the end, but I am so sad to say goodbye to all their quirks. Please, more?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment