Friday, January 11, 2019

Review: My Cheeky Angel

My Cheeky Angel My Cheeky Angel by Mimi Barbour
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I gotta say, I was a little let down by this book. There is a lot of negativity thrown in here for a book on angels, but I guess that’s where the “cheeky” part comes from.

Annie is an independent woman who really enjoys spending her time with children but, for some reason, cannot stand her life. When an angel whispers (or shouts) in her ear that she should change things she dives right in. She gets a makeover, buys new clothes, and becomes a crazy workaholic. On the way down the rabbit hole, she develops anxiety, loses all shred of humanity, and cannot even keep up with her one friendship.

Maybe I would have enjoyed this book if I found Annie a little more likeable but there is just something about this dark tale that put me off. Even her friend/love interest/protector doesn’t show interest in her until she decides to change things up, which was just frustrating on so many levels. I read this book as part of a 3 book set and was able to continue on, so it wasn’t give up worth, but was close.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment