Friday, January 18, 2019

Review: Blood Rule

Blood Rule Blood Rule by Heather Hildenbrand
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After taking a really long break between book 3 and book 4, I dove back in, determined to finish this series via audiobook. Man, this is tough.

We spend the entire book in Tara’s head, and she is going through a lot. I get it. She’s got a lot of voices in her head from her dysfunctional pack of hybrids. She’s also got a love triangle plaguing her. Oh, and let’s not forget – SHE MAKES THE WORST DECISIONS EVER. Really. Maybe I should have accepted it as typical teenager behavior but it was infuriating most of the time. I definitely need to recalibrate my tolerance for nonsense if I want to continue with this series.

So, back to where we are in the larger plot: Gordon Steppe is the leader of the Hunter Council and he’s moving all the pieces around like a chess game. Unfortunately nobody really sees the larger picture and is only trying to stay out of his way. All of that changes when he forces their hands, running away with everything she had. The end of this book is a cliffhanger, too, so you should be warned going in. Tara is clearly on a larger journey that is not wrapped up here. I’m hoping for some good resolution (especially of the love triangle variety) by the end of the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment