Monday, January 28, 2019

Review: Fated

Fated Fated by Rebecca Zanetti
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been reading this series from book 7 onwards and finally swung back around to start from the beginning. I’m loving the later books, so I figured this was a relatively safe bet.

Cara is a solitary scientist and single mother of the most adorable little girl ever, who just so happens to see the future. Cara’s not without her own abilities, of the empath variety, but nowhere near as powerful as her little girl. That same little girl ends up warning her when her house is suddenly under attack from a domineering man. Lucky for him, Cara’s daughter assures her that he is the good guy and they set off to a whole new world.

Talen is immediately struck by the fated feeling indicating he has found his mate. That’s only reaffirmed when the mating mark shows up on his hand. I have to admit, this book was a little heavier on the fated/questionable consent to a degree I don’t usually enjoy. Sure, Cara and Talen eventually end up happy and in love, but the path there involves an awful lot of kidnapping and coercion.

That’s all probably beside the point, though. This book introduces a whole new world filled with good and bad vampires, shifters, and witches. There is also the bigger threat of this virus that changes mates and shifters in horrible ways. I’m sure this will persist for a few books and I am especially eager to see Emma and her mate do the complicated mating dance. Even with her side character role here, she was one of my favorites.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment