Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Review: Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf Thunder Wolf by Heather Long
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I will admit, I’m joining this story wayyyyyy after the first book. I completely didn’t realize that this was part of a series, but it’s clear from page 1 that there is a whole world of characters I don’t know about. That being said, I still instantly fell in love with Hadley.

John is an Enforcer and in charge of his own set of lone wolves. His life is a relatively solitary one, except for his lone wolf and Enforcer interactions. There has always been a soft spot in his heart for Hadley. Hadley is a fellow enforcer and generally an amazing woman. She’s independent, manages some of the most difficult lone wolves, and still manages to be a little bit of a mother to everyone around her. She is definitely determined not to have any attachments, but somehow John sneaks into her big heart.

The larger story has to do with some evil Russian wolves who are trying to kidnap and kill enforcers and their mates. This has obviously been building up for some time but there is a larger game going on. With lone wolves hanging out in packs and enforcers working as a team, everything that was so normal before is now entering crazyland. As I said earlier, Hadley alone is worth reading this story. Her character is everything I want in a strong female lead, complete with owning her sexuality and yielding some yummy smuttiness. Watching her and John “play” was super rewarding. I loved every minute of their unorthodox romance.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment