Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Review: Into the Fire

Into the Fire Into the Fire by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am both happy and sad to see this series come to an end. Honestly, I had some big issues with Vlad as a main character, so it was only really Leila that kept me reading. This book also had the most wonderful entertainment in the form of Ian. Who knew that I could eventually grow to love a character that began in this world as such a bad guy? Don’t get me wrong – he’s still a bad guy, he’s just infinitely more lovable (especially in comparison to Vlad, in my humble opinion).

So, back to the story. This book continues the ongoing saga of Leila and her magical link to Mircea. Unfortunately for her, Mircea ends up getting captured and put in harm’s way. This, obviously, ends up threatening Leila’s life, which pretty much puts Vlad at the kidnapper’s disposal. Vlad would do anything for Leila, you know, except actually be honest with her, tell her his plan, or include her in decision making. This high handedness drove me absolutely INSANE, especially when it began to impact my new favorite- Ian.

All of the usual suspects spend most of the book trying to hunt down someone to break Leila’s magical tie to Mircea, or, if that fails, find Mircea to rescue him. We even get some really good Gretchen time thrown in, too. While this is certainly the end of Vlad and Leila’s standalone storyline, we definitely get more than enough of a hint at where future spinoffs will take us. I would absolutely love to see Ian get his happily ever after, no matter how reluctant he might be to have a monogamous relationship.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment