Monday, January 23, 2017

Review: Kitty Steals the Show

Kitty Steals the Show Kitty Steals the Show by Carrie Vaughn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OK, Kitty Norville, you’ve convinced me not to give up on you! This book was pretty entertaining and I’m not quite sure why I liked it so much. Sure, it had all the regular characters and the madness and mayhem I’ve come to expect from a week in the life of Kitty, but we also got oodles of new faces. Maybe the injection of some new and interesting characters has successfully gotten me hooked on this series again.

Kitty got invited to be the keynote speaker at the first ever international conference on paranatural studies. This, of course, brings all the crazies out of the woodwork. Since she’s been making some progress with hunting down Roman (or at least his followers), everyone is on edge and expecting the worst from the conference attendees. There’s some reemergence of people thought long gone, lots of deception and backstabbing, and even some fighting. Oh, and there’s some wonderful reintroduction of some good guys, too! I’m particularly fond of the blend of Kitty’s past and her present through friends she’s met along the way.

Overall, there isn’t much progression of the bigger storyline. Like I said, I really enjoyed the new characters most of all (and the somewhat forgotten old ones, too). If you’re looking for massive changes, then this isn’t the book for you. Maybe it could be seen as filler, but if so, I don’t care. Sometimes you need to just have an enjoyable read without all the big machinations.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment