Monday, January 2, 2017

Review: Fire and Ice

Fire and Ice Fire and Ice by Sherrilyn Kenyon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't read any of the series in which this short story takes place, but I found myself sucked in anyway. Usually something with future elements and things like "transports" would immediately turn me off, but this story was well written and engaging.

Adron is a grumpy and crippled ex-league assassin who simply wants to drink the night away in a crappy bar. Livia is a princess of some other culture that keeps their women separate from the males of the species, pairing them off for arranged marriages (in this case, a significantly older man). In an attempt to escape her arrangement, she is determined to make herself less prized by giving herself to the first guy that seems suitable. That person, of course, ends up being Adron.

Even though Adron has a pretty rough exterior, it's clear that he still cares. One night with an incredibly attractive woman isn't exactly a hardship to him. It does, however, change his life. Through a series of surprising events, these two end up bonded for life and it is certainly not an easy life (especially fir Livia).

This story managed to jam a lifetime of experience and stories into a very quick timeline. Livia and Adron were a wonderful romance to read about and it almost convinced me to read the series. I'll think about it, but I'd rather just be happy with the small glimpse this story gave me. Oh, and don't worry, there is a solid HEA.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment