Thursday, January 8, 2015

Review: Death Scream: A Descent Short


Death Scream: A Descent Short
Death Scream: A Descent Short by S.M. Reine

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I read this free little short on the author's website. It was short, quick, and... fun. I thought I was done reading James and Elise, so I will gladly gobble up any additional stories the author puts out there.

This story takes place while James and Elise are still traveling and hunting evil together. James is still wonderfully in love with Elise, but diligently hiding his feelings. Elise is still adorably young and trying to find a way to be a woman in a field of all men. The two of them are such a wonderful pair that they communicate without any extra words or discussions.

The main story is a paying gig from a castle owner. He's been subject to a haunting and wants the spook gone (no matter how much business he's getting from it). While James and Elise follow through to banish it, neither feels the job is really done. Obviously, nothing can ever be easy for them. This one ends very messy, even for James and Elise, but a lot is learned along the way.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment