Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Review: Drakon Unchained

Drakon Unchained Drakon Unchained by N.J. Walters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow – this book series really surprised me by breaking the formula I this latest installment!

This book starts with characters outside the core family of drakons. After reading the previous books that matched up all of the brother drakons with their mates, I was kind of expecting this book to be more of the same. Color me surprised when we begin the story with Victoria Marshall, the assistant to a Knight of the Dragon who is on the hunt for a “replacement” drakon. Victoria’s connection to the drakons is surprising, too. She was friends with one until he was suddenly kidnapped. Victoria is able to know all this because her personal gift gives her glimpses of other peoples’ lives while she sleeps. These visions are what pushes her to take her current job, determined to find her long lost friend and rescue him from the unnamed Knight of the Dragon holding him captive.

Luther is another person with secrets. He has managed to hide by keeping his enemies close but can no longer keep his lineage a secret. He and Victoria end up with a lot more in common than they expect, and find themselves in a battle against attraction at the same time. Throw in drakons, evil madmen, and so many secrets and you’ve got an action packed story. We get the required HEA, but it was a blast getting there. Now I truly can’t imagine who they focus on next – maybe a friend or two? I want more of these books…


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment