Monday, November 27, 2017

Review: Not Broken Anymore

Not Broken Anymore Not Broken Anymore by Tawdra Kandle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love these perfectly imperfect love stories! Each one has their own unique spin on a very real-life romance. This author has a fantastic ability to build a world that immediately sucks me in, no matter that I’m a marching band kid who doesn’t know much about football.

We met Tate a while ago as a side character in the Leo/Quinn drama. While that was playing out, there was a silent romance starting between Tate and Gia. Who knew that these two would wind up in a story of their own? Tate is the most honest, well mannered, wonderfully perfect love interest we’ve met in this world. He is patient, caring, and a really good listener. That served him well, helping along the more tragically broken relationships, and is serving him even better as he waits patiently for Gia to be ready for him.

These two might have met and been attracted to each other years ago, but Gia had a long road to take before she could be somewhat ready for a true Tate/Gia relationship. Whereas Tate seems to have a real plan for his life, Gia has been bouncing around from one place to another, always carrying around the tragedy that is Matt Lambert. If anyone can force her to face her demons, though, it is definitely Tate. Their romance is so natural and realistic that I found myself recalling fondly my own times spent hanging out and watching TV with friends growing up. I was just as sucked in by Tate as Gia was by the time they finally acted on their attraction.

Of course, this story is not all flowers and puppies. There is a definitely darker edge to Gia’s time with Matt that is always lurking. Tate, however, is not one to give up when the going gets tough. I think you’ll be happy with this tale of romance and patience, and even if you’ve never read another book in the series, it is worth checking out.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment