Friday, September 22, 2017

Review: Small Magics

Small Magics Small Magics by Ilona Andrews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m usually not one for short story anthologies. I’d much rather dig into a full size book or at least a novella, but these stories made for a good, quick read that reminded me that there is more in the Kate Daniels world than just Kate.

There are 5 stories in total. 1 happens before the series begins, 3 are mysteries to me (and don’t directly involve any familiar faces), and 1 is supposedly taking place around where we left off in the series. The first and last were definitely my favorites (for obvious reasons) but the rest (particularly the pig story) were still solidly written and engaging. I’m not really a fan of historical fiction and some of them did read a little… old. I was expecting corsets and petticoats to be on the next page.

Pushing all that aside, this collection of short stories was a nice diversion to hold someone over waiting for the next book. Of course, I didn’t exactly wait and am listening to the Andrea book at the same time. Who knew the Kate Daniels world would grow so big?


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment