Thursday, January 19, 2017

Review: The Prophecy of Shadows

The Prophecy of Shadows The Prophecy of Shadows by Michelle Madow
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow! What a fantastic YA read! This had everything you want: action, drama, romance, teen angst, and magic!

I listened to this via audiobook and had a great time doing so. We begin with Nicole, a recent transplant into a small town. She's in for a rude awakening when her first stop in school makes her think she's losing her mind. They teach magic here, and it seems that she should've started her magic classes even earlier. Witches, in this world, are descendants from greek gods, and there is even a prophecy that indicates big things are on the horizon.

Aside from the big lurking change, there's also your typical high school drama: the geek, the bad boy, the popular girl, etc. It was all written in a way where I didn't mind the love triangle, either. I simply devoured this book! In typical high school fashion, the unlikeliest of allies end up having to work together to save the world. OK, so that's not really typical high school, but in a magical one, I guess that's what you expect. We don't necessarily end in a cliffhanger, but the story is far from over with these "elementals" and I can't wait to see what they're up to next!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment