Friday, May 6, 2016

Review: Demons

Demons Demons by Ednah Walters
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've been dying to get inside Eirik's head all throughout the original series. He kind of got sidelined and this series was something I've had on my "to-read" list for a while. I dove in, expecting the happy-go-lucky kid we originally met, but sort of forgot about all the crap he has been through. And his obsession with Cora was a little bit of a cruel reminder. This book may have ended up in a good place that left me wanting more, but it definitely took a little while to get there.

We start this journey with Eirik showing up at his mom's house. Sounds innocuous but his mom happens to be a pretty bad lady. Thrown into a cell before the day ends, he's being faced with some tough lessons. Celestia is a witch who goes to witch school somewhere that witches are apparently normal things. She's been gifted with the ability to project herself and help save people. Somehow she ends up as a soul in Eirik's cell and in for away more than she bargained for.

These two don't immediately have a good relationship. There is a lot of denial and fighting that happens and even when we think they are almost on the right path, they manage to mess things up all over again. Sadly, I had a pretty hard time enjoying their banter when I knew the entire time Celestia was with Eirik, her body was comatose. Eirik was a bit of a selfish bastard for not trying harder to help her escape and not have her family freak. These two are definitely still in the early phases of their relationship and the cliffhanger didn't help me much at all. I want to see where they end up, I just wish there was some payoff in between that made me like them more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment