Friday, May 6, 2016

Review: Blood Bond

Blood Bond Blood Bond by Heather Hildenbrand
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book picks up right where we left Tara and her wacky love triangle situation (or is it a trapezoid?). Don't worry, for the most part, this book doesn't exactly face that head-on and instead worries about the chaos that the evil hybrids are bringing to the already tense CHAS/Cause situation. Tara and her friends are fighting to beat CHAS to the hybrids in the hopes that there might be some way to cure them and bring them back to the people they were before becoming infected.

On top of this monumental task, Tara's also got to say goodbye to Alex (who she might want to be with, but is decidedly torn), try to reconcile with her mother (and build some seriously busted trust), and find a mystery cure that only a crazy guy might know about. Yes, there is a lot of typical "rush into things and think later" situations that Tara gets into, but she's mostly a pretty tough chick throughout. She manages to sacrifice herself just enough to get the job done and then patch up quite nicely.

There's a bunch of twists and turns, some sad betrayals, and, yeah, a cliffhanger. This cliffhanger didn't seem to bother me as much as the last few. I guess it depends how invested you are in the character involved. For me, I didn't want to throw my kindle. I did, however, wish I could just keep reading. This book was pretty hard to put down.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment