Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Review: Up From the Grave


Up From the Grave
Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I am so sad to see this series come to a close, but this was a wonderful way to do it. Yes, there is a lot of Cat and Bones mayhem, misunderstandings, murder, and sizzling sexy times. It’s everything you want in a Night Huntress novel, except that it’s the last one.

This story picks up with Cat and Bones giving a shot at being “normal.” It continues the theme from the previous short story, which really should have warned Cat it wouldn’t last long. Her ghost uncle (Don) shows up with concerning news about her old team. Cat and Bones jump right into the thick of things by going after the evil new boss demanding answers. Ian (once again) becomes one of my favorites by helping Cat and Bones in ways that only Ian can – by being lecherous and slutty. It’s always nice to watch these characters interact.

The gang’s detective work ends up discovering a genetic engineering operation, backed by Don’s evil replacement and supplied test subjects by Cat’s old teammates. The rest of the book goes exactly how you’d expect – lots of action, lots of sexy times, and a good dose of surprises. Just when you think you know the group dynamic, we get thrown for another loop. While I’m sad to see the end of this wonderful series, I really enjoyed the way the author wrapped things up. This book reads like the rest of the series because it is just another chapter in their lives. Sure, this one ends with them going away, but I wasn’t nearly as sad as I thought I’d be. I’m happy that we still have Vlad and his friends floating around so I can enjoy this author still, but it makes me even happier that we didn’t get some horrible bloodbath or something equally distressing. Thanks for a really great read!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment