Sunday, February 22, 2015

Review: Chaotic


Chaotic
Chaotic by Kelley Armstrong

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I put off reading this short story because I had already read all the books in the Otherworld series. They mention how Hope and Karl meet several times and I kept thinking "Why should I even read the short story about how they met? What could I possibly learn that I don't already know?" Well, the type of reader I am won't let me skip over any books in the series, so that meant I had to eventually swing back around and read this short story to be considered "complete" with this series. I'm so glad I did! This story shows us the Hope that we never meet in the books. She's still new to this whole world and super naive about the supernatural and people in general.

Karl is... still kind of the same Karl he always is. It was wonderful to watch him try to work his charm on Hope only to be rebuffed and forced to play second fiddle to the chaos she was enjoying. They meet at a museum party when she tries to stop his jewel heist and ends up leading to so much more. This relationship was fun to watch begin, especially since I know where it all ends up. If you are reading this series, you should definitely go through these stories in order.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment