Monday, October 13, 2014

Review: Enslaved


Enslaved
Enslaved by Elisabeth Naughton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I took a long while off between books, but this book sucked me right back into this world again. It’s a really great blend of fantasy, paranormal, mythology, and (of course) sexy times. This was based around Gryphon and Maelea, with some really great hints at things to come. While the overall storyline didn’t move until the very end, I was happy enough with some yummy romance.

When the book starts, Gryphon is still recovering from his time in the Underworld. Mostly confined to his room, battling against the voice of Atalanta in his head, Gryphon is probably the person I’d assume was least likely for a pairing. Those are usually the pairings I like the most. Maelea is a loner, dragged to the colony by Gryphon’s brother. She’s used to roaming around the colony at night and has been using it to research her escape route. There’s some sort of valiant excuse about protecting the colony, but ultimately she’s trying to run away. Lucky for Gryphon, they both end up running away at the same time. This puts them as unwilling partners at first, but it grows to so much more. Their romance was a really great thing to watch. They both grow into much more likable characters and a wonderful couple by the end of this book.

Bonus points for the side stories that make me super excited for Titus and his soul mate story. Also, there was a little bit of story resolution thrown in at the end for people who need books in a series to move the overall storyline along. Overall, if you’ve liked this series, you’ll enjoy this one. It was easy to read in a few days, and left me with a smile on my face.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment