Friday, May 9, 2014

Review: Grave Secret


Grave Secret
Grave Secret by Sierra Dean

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Wow, this book was jam packed with *stuff*! We get some resolution to a long standing issue, we lose someone that I loved, there's fairies, and Secret gets one of her biggest wishes fulfilled. Oh, and there's sex, of course.

This book picks up after Lucas proved exactly how much Secret meant to him. Still trying to go back to being the tough chick we all know and love, Secret somehow gets dragged into helping her ex find his sister (in fairy). There is a lot more of "team Secret" seen in this book than the others. We get to see the support system that either helped raise her, shape her, or support her in the here and now. It was a nice change of pace from the other more love triangle driven books. Here we see Secret be the true star. Sure, there's still love triangle yumminess and lots of action, but ultimately everything hinges on Secret ruling the day.

Another really great thing about this book was the wit and sarcasm. Yes, it is present in the other books, but here is really seemed to shine. Maybe because there is so much sadness and "deep thought", it was nice to have some rays of moderately sarcastic sunshine thrown in the mix.

I'm going to say it again -- if you are a paranormal romance reader and haven't read any of these books, you should start. They are super fun and quick to read. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when I catch up to the currently released book. I'll probably go through withdrawals.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment