Saturday, January 14, 2023

Ancient Vengeance

Ancient Vengeance (Ancients Rising #6)Ancient Vengeance by Katie Reus
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

We were introduced to Stella in a previous book, but I’m sure you can pick up the thread here if you need to. I’d recommend starting with book #1 though, because this universe is great!

Stella has been recently removed from her more princess-ly duties because her older sister has resurfaced. As a dragon shifter, she’s eager to get out there and spread her wings (haha!), but such an act comes with a bit more risk for a royal such as herself. On her way to New Orleans (where all the best characters live!), she ends up being attacked. Lucky for her, she’s already being sort-of stalked by Rhodes.

I wasn’t sure what to think of Rhodes. He is introduced as an assassin who has been hired to kill Stella. We know no good ever comes from someone hiding their motives for meeting a mate, but here we are. Rhodes is genuinely caring and worried over Stella’s well being from the start. It’s this true affection that really sold me on their love story. The other characters may not have been so easy to sway, but watching this romance simmer was awesome. Another great side story we get here is the lion shifter and the vampire. I need to see more of them! All in all, this universe continued to captivate and I cannot wait even more books in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment