Friday, March 25, 2022

Shadow's Seduction

Shadow's Seduction (Immortals After Dark, #16; The Dacians, #2)Shadow's Seduction by Kresley Cole
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Did I want to rate this high just because people were rating it low based on the M/M aspects? YES. Does it deserve a high rating? Sigh... probably not. I really wanted to hate like this to balance the true haters, but it was just... tough.

So, we know Caspion from the previous installment, where he was obsessed with women and yet not at all interested in the main female character. Maybe that's why I struggled here? If we were meeting two unknowns it might have been easier to get on board. Mirceo is a hedonist who goes about finding pleasure wherever, racing against when his heart will stop beating until he finds his "bride." Caspion meets him in a previous un-shared time, which is ultimately what gives him a death sentence in the previous book.

I can get behind a M/M romance as much as a M/F romance, but this felt very forced and rushed. I get it, it's a novella (not offered in audiobook format, which was annoying as a series completionist here). Still, there was just a bit of a quick "oh, yeah, a lot of time passed" blurb for poor Caspion and we were all left in Mirceo's shoes having not gotten any time at all. I'm glad there is some diversity in this world, but wish we could've gotten a full fledged novel out of it all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment