Friday, March 25, 2022

Enemy of the Fae

Enemy of the Fae (Caledonia Fae, #3)Enemy of the Fae by India Drummond
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ugh. This book series took a TURN here.

This particular installment picks up with Eilidh as queen (with way more queen behavior than I was expecting) and Quinton still hiding his relationship with her. I was completely not shocked by the more love triangle-y turn we took there (yum), and happily await future installments for that group. The mystery here was someone working against Eilidh from either her assumed supporters or some shadowey group. In parallel, there is a lot of druid stuff going on. Quinton is transforming, showing new skills, and all the while the other druids are working to make something cool.

Here's where it all takes a TURN - The druid with powers over time connects with the VERY YOUNG fae who is their friend (turns out I was confused in the last book and there actually was a VERY YOUNG fae girl that the druids spend time with). So. Things happen and magically she is outwardly older but inside she is AN 8 YEAR OLD GIRL. This girl then goes on to do terrible things with an older guy and it's TERRIBLE. I'm scarred, or as scarred as someone can be when you've also read the KMM series that treads in this very same (but maybe older?) territory. I guess if you can accept all that, this book does push the overall kingdom storyline along with not many other huge surprises. The twists and turns were OK but pretty predictable. Seriously, 8 years old - I'm not over it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment