Saturday, July 31, 2021

Death & Desire

Death & Desire (The Jezebel Files, #2)Death & Desire by Deborah Wilde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I added this book to my "to-read" list right after finishing the first installment. I love a good snarky urban fantasy and this delivers on all fronts.

We join Ash, newly acknowledged (a little in secret) for her released Jezebel powers, looking for her "team," trying to navigate her complicated relationship with Levi, and juggling her commitments to the Queen of Hearts. So - what ended up happening? There was a pretty good mystery, new characters, and I can't believe I didn't mention her yet, but Ash's BFF is THE BEST. On top of all this drama, Ash's mom is supporting an anti-magic group even after Ash "came out" to her. Moms, right?

I have to admit, it was a little jarring to dive into book 2 without slowing the snark at all. I eventually got on board, especially with the Levi/Ash banter, but there was definitely a missing learning curve here. I am 100% on board, though, with wherever this series goes - please take me!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment