Monday, April 5, 2021

Wicked All Night

Wicked All Night (Night Rebel, #3)Wicked All Night by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a little sad and a little happy that this is the end of this trilogy. I think any and all issues I had with this book stem back to my issue with the series as a whole. Was it nice to visit with lots of familiar faces in the big showdown? Yes! Did I wish this entire series was from Ian's perspective? Absolutely.

When I heard there was going to be a series involving Ian I was super excited. He's the lovable rogue who is a good bad guy and a bad good guy. What's not to love? Veritas being the star here was a surprise, but she certainly grew on me. We watch her grow into her powers, grow into her family (both blood and chosen), and she is really a good match for Ian. This last book takes us through the wild rollercoaster that is Veritas and Ian. Ian is dying at the start of the book. Veritas is married, yet still somehow still betrothed to a god. Things spiral from there and yet somehow end up wrapping up without a flaw.

This book really does end up having a big story about a war that both starts and finishes in record time. While I was OK with a bit of "fast forwarding" for things like summoning spirits, but it really felt like portions of the book went way too fast. Why introduce a war if we weren't going to spend a lot of time in it? Weird. The smut was present, too, but it also felt oddly rushed. So, to summarize, while I am happy where we ended up, this book did feel a little strange. Maybe we will check in with them later? Here's hoping!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment