Saturday, May 30, 2020

Review: Some Girls Bite

Some Girls Bite Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked this book up on discount, knowing that it keeps coming up on my to-read recommendations. While it clearly started before a lot of our current technology (BEEPERS?!?), as long as you can treat it as a time capsule, it's got a good start to leave me curious about book 2.

Merit is the child of a wealthy and politically connected couple who has separated herself as much as possible from that portion of her family. Living with maybe the best roommate ever and going to grad school would have been enough for her to make a go of it, but she gets attacked and turned into a vampire. Vampires are "out" in this world, but that's it. Of course, there's more paranormal creatures out there, including witches, and her family is even more connected than she imagined.

There's the big "who attacked her" storyline, which I was less invested in than her love/hate relationship with her savior/maker/tormenter, Ethan. The rest of the vamps in the house (once Merit gets over herself and joins) are interesting enough that I'm hoping we get more focused side stories along the way. With magic, house drama, shifters, family drama, and romance in the air, this is certainly setting up a bigger series (I know, I looked ahead). We get some good main story resolution by the end, but there's still so much I want to know. I'll add the next book to my to-read list, but don't feel the same crazy urgency to continue that I do with other book series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment