Friday, May 15, 2020

Review: Burned by Fire

Burned by Fire Burned by Fire by Danielle Annett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm tearing through these books at a rapid pace, but this one was a little tough. I still enjoy the world, the characters, and the twists we are taking, but I kind of want to throttle Aria.

We join Aria, still very much in denial about her mating, still pushing to be almost stupidly independent. This was probably the hardest part of the book, because all of her decisions are driven by these silly things. While trying to find her place in the pack, she enjoys the benefits of being the mate, but is angry when she finds out she has to deal with women hating on her for scoring the hottest, baddest shifter in the pack. Ugh. Aside from that, the main story revolves around the HAC. This is the big bad and I'm sure it will persist for more books in the series. There is another child missing, this time from the witches, and of course Aria jumps up to help.

We also get to watch Aria try to set up her business, with some unlikely help. I, however, spent most of the book feeling bad for Declan. Ultimately, he did a good thing (maybe originally for bad reasons) but now he's just getting trampled. I wish we spent more time in that Denny's than with the HAC or other shifters. I hope we resolve their relationship one way or the other by the next book, but it looks like another crisis is going to take center stage.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment