Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Review: Break the Day

Break the Day Break the Day by Lara Adrian
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't think I can quit this series, no matter how much I am going through the motions with these latest books. I think it has something to do with the audiobook narrator, but like I said - I just can't quit!

At this point, all the books are leading up to some sort of massive Opus Nostrum showdown. This book, however, does not get there. Yes, we get some steps taken to get closer to these bad guys, but in reality, this is a love story. Rafe, who was duped in the previous book by a double agent, is on a secret mission to get into a gang supposedly linked to Opus. It's on this mission that he discovers Devony, a daywalker who has an even bigger reason to hate Opus. They end up teaming up (in more ways than one - get it?) and they fight the good fight together.

This book didn't really distinguish itself from the rest, except that we get a different view of the tragedy that happened. The repercussions are obviously huge, and Devony is just one of what will probably be many people wanting revenge. Not really sure why everyone feels the need to go after the on their own, but we get that again, too. The weapons are firmly in Underworld territory now, so that should ramp up the fighting when we get there.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment