Monday, October 28, 2019

Review: A Wicked Hunger

A Wicked Hunger A Wicked Hunger by Kiersten Fay
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book threw you head first into a world where vampires are a separately governed race that everyone knows about, and most are terrified of (or want to be and/or be with).

We join Cora on what may be the worst day of her life. She used to be homeless, having been orphaned at a young age, before meeting her husband. What she thought may be (or become) a marriage of love ended up being more one of some strange convenience. She can't really see what value she is adding to his life, but wants more, which is what leads her to surprise him on a business trip. Things quickly go out of control, leading to him being killed and her being taken into protective custody. Turns out - her husband had a lot of secrets. She's got some, too.

Mason is the vampire cop-type-person assigned to watch Cora to see if she is in on her husband's illegal business. He, naturally, falls in love with her, so jumps at the chance to safeguard her from the bad guys. While on the run, there is a lot of sexual tension, some sexy times, a lot of emotional baggage, and that's even before they get to the safe house! Once there, even more gets revealed, and then there's oodles of drama brought in by Knox, a vampire sibling of Mason's.

I'm struggling to review this one because the book ends very abruptly. Just when I thought I might be rooting for the always in trouble Cora, we had reached the end. Nothing was actually resolved and I feel... a little lost. Overall, I like the idea the world presented to me, but the characters were getting on my last nerve. Hopefully things resolve quickly at the start of book two, because I feel like there is a lot still to come for Cora and her boys.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment