Friday, October 25, 2019

Review: Embrace Your Weird: Face Your Fears and Unleash Creativity

Embrace Your Weird: Face Your Fears and Unleash Creativity Embrace Your Weird: Face Your Fears and Unleash Creativity by Felicia Day
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book really shook up my stagnant mind and helped me to re-accept my inner creative wild child. It was filled with the quirky humor I’ve come to associate with Felicia Day, while still having some really solid advice and guidance.

First, I probably wouldn’t recommend this via kindle. I’m a kindle lover and audiobooker, but I think that paper is probably the way to go here. There’s lots of drawing and writing involved, so it will just slow you down if you’re digital. It starts simply enough, with some creative exercises, but gets really deep fast. It’s amazing how opening one door can lead to so many others. My primary field is not super creative, but my husband is photographer, so I immediately bought the book for him to check out, too! It applies to everyone, so there’s no real age group or demographic I could see this targeting (unless it’s just me – is it me?).

If you’re looking for something to truly shake you up – this is the book! It’s fun, weird, and super creative. I’m tired of the boring helpful books and am happy to have discovered this one!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment