Thursday, October 25, 2018

Review: Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood

Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood Born a Crime: Stories From a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to this audiobook on a long car ride and was absolutely hooked. I know that I enjoy Trevo Noah on the Daily Show (although was very hesitant in the beginning to "cheat" on Jon Stewart). I didn't even really know anything about him going into this so it was 100% a surprise (other than him being from Africa, which comes up a lot on the show). I don't think I can accurately summarize the plot, except that it shows you South Africa through the years Trevor lived there and how he adapted to the his ever changing surroundings. For someone with very little background and knowledge of the region, everything was new and completely engaging. Trevor's storytelling had me hoping for more time in the car so we could get further in the book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment