Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Review: Hot and Badgered

Hot and Badgered Hot and Badgered by Shelly Laurenston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Holy crap there were a lot of characters and storylines jammed into this book! I guess I wrongly assumed I could start at book 1 of a new series and not be lost but, wow, I was totally lost and overwhelmed from the start.

We dive into this world filled with *so many characters* that there must be a bunch of books before this that I have not read. Each character is totally developed with a personality, backstory, and history with all these characters that I know I’m missing something. About halfway through, I think I started to get the hang of the craziness (on top of crazy behavior) and was able to focus more on the main story. That being said, the main story is bananas!

Charlie is the eldest daughter of a jerky womanizer. She’s got two other insane (in different ways) sisters that each have their own buckets of problems. They’ve got a super tight bond and some shared honey badger DNA, but are perpetually on the run from something or other, usually tied with their deadbeat (and largely criminal) father. A group of trained assassins end up chasing Charlie into a bear shifter named Berg. Not much shocks him, but when Charlie ends up naked, disarming guys with guns, it gets him to raise an eyebrow. When he ends up running into her a second time at a random apartment, it must be fate.

These two are adorable in their love of family, ability to battle almost anything, and awkward nervousness about their romance. While their romantic storyline was a highlight, it got a little bogged down in so much other story and character. I guess I was expecting something a little lighter, but went into this world blind, based on an amazon recommendation.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment