Saturday, April 7, 2018

Review: Blood Fury

Blood Fury Blood Fury by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OK, so while I knew that the Peyton book was coming, I was pleasantly surprised with the companion story finally showing up for Saxton (!!!!!!). Maybe I was a bit more excited about Saxton's story, btu either way, I could not stop reading this one. It had me hooked from the start and I found I hated Peyton a lot less with each passing chapter.

Peyton is an arrogant rich kid, or at least that's how he started in this Black Dagger Legacy world. We all knew he was in love with his best friend (who has a man... who would totally knock him out if he looked at her wrong) and he has a fondness for drugs and alcohol. While hosting his own pity party, Novo somehow wanders into his orbit. As the one female to actively turn him down, it was obvious that he would become interested in her, but his interest ends up growing to so much more.

Novo, obviously, has her own internal drama in the form of family, secrets, ex's, and trying to prove herself. In the program, there's no avoiding Peyton, but after an accident ends up essentially chaining her to a bed, it becomes even harder to avoid him. These two are certainly an unlikely pair, but not out of the realm of possibility. There is one scene, however, at the party, that just had me smiling from ear to ear.

Now, Saxton's story has been a long time coming. I was so, so, so, so happy that this poor guy finally got a chance to find love that wasn't horribly painful. We also have the added bonus of that love interest being Ruhn, who is the beloved uncle of another favorite character in the series. These two were just... perfect. I loved every second of their love story. We all know nobody gets a free pass, so there are ups and down, but we get some truly phenomenal HEA out of this book. It just reaffirms my belief that this spinoff series is even more enjoyable than the primary one.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment