Thursday, September 14, 2017

Review: The Witchling Apprentice

The Witchling Apprentice The Witchling Apprentice by B. Kristin McMichael
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Witches, shapeshifters, and vampires all rolled into one mythological race are introduced in this addictive YA read.

We get to meet Cassie, a bit of an outcast, but also an exceptional witch. She’s been kept in the dark for so long that she can’t wait to pass her test and join the coven. Without her overbearing guardian’s permission, she takes and passes the test, starting a cascade of events (not all good). There’s mates, magic, and some really bad guys out there! All of this is a huge surprise to Cassie, but she somehow manages to keep her wits about her.

Her plucky best friend is also a highlight of the book that had me quickly flipping pages. Even her mistaken mate ended up growing on me as he proved himself to Cassie and the readers. By the end of the book I was dying to see a clean HEA materialize. Sadly, while we get a happy ending, you’re left wanting more. I’m happily addicted and dying to dive in to book 2!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment