Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Review: Rescued by the Wolf

Rescued by the Wolf Rescued by the Wolf by Sasha Summers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Admittedly, I joined this party a little late. I’m starting with book 2, which I didn’t realize, but I think I was able to enjoy it just as much.

At this point in the story, Mal has been kidnapped for quite some time. He’s been actively tortured in some horrible ways, but has managed to keep his head on straight. Determined to escape, he’s even learned (the hard way) not to trust people who are thrown into the cage next to his. It seems like he’s making slow but steady progress towards escape on his own until Olivia gets thrown into the neighboring cage. She’s obviously a human, while Mal is a shifter. She’s also obviously mortally wounded unless they can get her into better shape. Throw all that together with his animal’s inability to leave her behind, and he’s got an uphill battle.

They manage to make it out, but that’s really only the beginning. There’s lots of tough choices to be made in order to secure their escape (and their lives), but these two became a pretty solid pair. I was also interested in the wild cast of characters back in Mal’s home pack. I’m sure there’s a bit of backstory that I was missing, but we got to revisit most of it as Olivia stumbles through pack life. As an intro (for me), this was a great blend of action and romance. Definitely interested to see where we go next!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment