Sunday, January 14, 2024

Endings and Empathy

Endings and Empathy (Amplifier, #6)Endings and Empathy by Meghan Ciana Doidge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is all mashed into what feels like one big scene. When I read the previous short leading up to this, I knew this would be a battle, but I didn't realize it would take up the entirety of the last book in the series.

Emma is going to save the rest of the five, of course. It doesn't matter who captured them or how dangerous it is, the whole team is going to get back together again. It was a little strange how we ended up here, what with Bee and all her weird baggage, but that was the least of my concerns. There is a lot of danger in this book, but in true Emma fashion, she bulldozes her way through it all. We get the final piece in the Collective (I think?) and round out the family that Emma has built for herself and her friends.

While, yes, there is action and adventure and rescue and horrible things, what ended up standing out most to me is the almost epilogue we get. Emma and co settling in, becoming what constitutes "normal" for them, and giving us a little glimpse into what might just be the rest of their relatively uneventful lives. As the last book in this series, it definitely checks all the boxes, tying up loose ends to varying degrees of satisfaction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment